To provide clear procedural guidelines for determining Council’s annual donations assistance to individuals or organisations in the Balranald Shire Local Government Area.
Council receives an increasing number of requests from schools, organisations, events and individuals requesting financial assistance, subsidies and sponsorship for various activities.
Council has a relatively small budget and its donations vote is limited, so it is desirable that Council has guidelines in place that allows for an equitable and consistent approach to the distribution of such funds.
Council will consider requests for financial assistance to local schools, groups, organisations or individuals for educational, cultural, sporting and welfare where the request demonstrates a community need or benefit.
A limit of one (1) donation application per annum will apply, up to a maximum of $500.00
In assessing a request, the following guidelines will apply:
- Organisations must be incorporated and formally structured to service the residents in the Balranald Shire Council area and be based in the Balranald Shire or alternatively have a regional focus that will benefit the residents within the Shire.
- Organisations must be non-profit groups involved in cultural, tourism, sporting, educational, health or community affairs.
- Requests for donations to charities/organisations registered outside the Balranald Shire area will not be considered.
- Council will consider one off contributions to other areas as a result of natural disaster.
- Organisations are required to complete Council’s donations application form to have their request considered.
Please click Donations Subsidies & Financial Assistance Policy to view the full policy
Requests for Assistance for Major Events
Council will consider applications for donations twice per annum, in August and February, with applications closing on 31st July & 31st January.
Requests for assistance of $500 and above for major events are to be made in writing by March 31 of the preceding financial year for consideration. Any requests received after this time may not be considered for the upcoming financial year.
The funding pool for major events is limited to an amount set annually by Council.
To allow for a more equitable distribution of funds, Council will not guarantee funding the same event on an annual basis.
School and Sporting Groups
Competing at State or regional events at venues over 350km distance from their location within the Shire – $150 per competitor up to a maximum of $1000 for the group.
Competing at State or regional events at venues over 350km distance from their location within the Shire $150
NSW/Australian Representation – Individuals
NSW – $250
Interstate – $250
Overseas – $500
Maximum of $500 per annum.
To request a donation, subsidy or financial assistance from the Council please complete the following form and return to the General Manager.
Please note that requests for assistance of $500 and above for major events are to be made in writing by 31 March of the preceding financial year for consideration
Individual applications up to $150 that meets above guidelines to be approved by Mayor and General Manager.
All other requests and applications to be submitted to Council for approval under this Policy.