Bidgee Haven Retirement Hostel is owned and operated by Balranald Shire Council.
Located within landscaped gardens, Bidgee Haven is a modern fully accredited 15 bed residential aged care facility providing low care for older people who find it difficult to live at home for a variety of reasons such as illness, disability, reduced mobility, isolation or the problems of maintaining a large property.
Offering the warmth of home, all residential care rooms have an ensuite bathroom, air conditioning and access to the communal dining and lounge areas.
And, just a short walk away, discover the town’s bustling shopping precinct.
The friendly, professional staff are always on hand to assist residents with their daily needs, including:
- Three nutritious meals, plus morning and afternoon tea
- Laundry and room cleaning (Individual arrangements need to be made for special care items such as dry cleaning and hand washing)
- Bathing, dressing and grooming
- Health and wellbeing
- Making phone calls, writing letters and reading
- Craft, music and social activities
- 24-hour emergency call systems
- Visitors are welcome and encouraged daily – (it is a legal requirement for visitors to have had a flu vaccination and documentation will be required prior to entry)
Becoming a Bidgee Haven resident
The first step towards becoming a Bidgee Haven resident is to have your doctor arrange an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Your eligibility will then be further assessed based on your needs and will take into account:
- Your health
- Your social needs and circumstances
- Your current housing situation
- Your family and other available support
For further information contact the Hostel Manager
BALRANALD NSW 2715
Telephone: 03 5020 1035