Upcoming Council Ordinary Meeting Dates
Balranald Shire Council meets on the third Tuesday of each month, held in Council Chambers, commencing at 5.00pm. Public Forums are open from 4.30pm on the day of each Council Meetings to allow discussions of agenda items. If you want to make an appointment to discuss agenda items please call Councils office or email requesting a time.
Meeting dates for 2021/2022 are as follows;
15 February 2022
15 March 2022
19 Aprl 2022
17 May 2022
21 June 2022
Balranald Shire Council meets on the third Tuesday of each month, commencing at 5.00pm. Members of the public are welcome to attend the ordinary meetings of Council which are held in the Council Chambers, 70 Market Street, Balranald.
General Council business is dealt with at Council meetings and the meetings are open to the public. The only types of business that are dealt with confidentially are:
- Personnel matters concerning particular individuals (other than Councillors),
- The personal hardship of any resident or ratepayer,
- Information that would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom the council is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business,
- Commercial information of a confidential nature that would, if disclosed:
- Prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it, or
- Confer a commercial advantage on a competitor of the council, or
- Reveal a trade secret,
- Information that would, if disclosed, prejudice the maintenance of law,
- Matters affecting the security of the Council, Councillors, Council staff or Council property,
- Advice concerning litigation, or advice that would otherwise be privileged from production in legal proceedings on the ground of legal professional privilege,
- Information concerning the nature and location of a place or an item of Aboriginal significance on community land.
More information about Council meetings is available from Council staff on 03 5020 1300 during business hours.